|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
Stun cuffs, also known as simply binders, were devices made of durasteel used to restrict the movement of a captive's limbs. The thin but unbreakable cuffs were commonly used to bind a prisoner's hands, but could also be used to bind both feet, one arm and one leg, or to lock one limb to a stationary object to further immobilize a captive.
These devices were used on criminals to hold them in custody so they could not escape. The cuffs would stun the prisoner if a button was pressed by the guard or, in some cases if the prisoner resisted too much. However, Jedi and other Force-trained beings proved far more difficult to restrain than average beings using stun cuffs.
The Geonosians used binders on their prisoners in their gladiatorial arenas on Geonosis. These binders had pulse lock points that welded the clasps tight. They also featured an electronic release mechanism. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala were fitted with such binders for their scheduled execution in the Petranaki arena, but were able to defeat their captors and executioners. The Confederacy of Independent Systems also made use of binders, replete with duranium cinch-locks.
Binders were used aboard the first Death Star to restrain dangerous prisoners. Han Solo fitted Chewbacca with a pair of binders when he and Luke Skywalker posed as stormtroopers in their attempt to rescue Leia Organa. The binders were not locked, allowing the Wookiee to "break free" and aid his companions in the firefight that followed.
- Biodegradable Binders
- Force shackles
- LSS 401 Stun Cuffs
- LSS 1000 Automatic Stun Cuffs
- LSS 1000 Mark V stun cuffs
- Mandalorian manacles
- Merr-Sonn Binder cuffs
- SC-401 stun cuffs
- Tractor Cuffs
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- The Kathol Outback
- Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia