- "Hey, kid. You're late."
- ―Bo-Katan, to Lux Bonteri
Bo-Katan was a female Human who lived as a Mandalorian warrior during the final years of the Galactic Republic. Amidst the pan-galactic Clone Wars between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Katan pledged her loyalty to the radical Mandalorian splinter group known as the Death Watch, faithfully serving the group's leader Pre Vizsla as a trusted lieutenant.
A female Mandalorian, Bo-Katan worked as a lieutenant for the Death Watch leader Pre Vizsla during the Clone Wars. At one point, she met with the Separatist-affiliated Lux Bonteri, who brought along a close acquaintance, Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano.
Personality and traitsEdit
Bo-Katan was a confident woman and a fierce warrior. Proud to serve the Death Watch and its goals of restoring the glory of the Mandalorians' past, Katan was steadfast in her loyalty to both the group and it's leader, Pre Vizsla, who in turn trusted Katan to lead and act as an enforcer in his absence.
As a Mandalorian, Katan wore a set of Mandalorian armor, comprised of several individual plates, colored both metallic gray and blue. A pair of circular sigils adorned her armor's shoulder plates. Katan's custom helmet featured a rangefinder, and was stood apart from its contemporaries with a more curved and slanted take on the traditional Mandalorian T-visor. The unique visor was also outlined with a white trim that, together with the detailing of the surrounding face of the helmet, was reminiscent of a stylized predatory bird. Katan's armor was equipped with numerous mounted weapons, including dart launchers, blasters, and blades encased within her gauntlets. She also carried two blaster pistols which she holstered on her armor's thigh plates, and maintained a jetpack for flight.
Behind the scenesEdit
Bo-Katan first appeared in the fourteenth episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series' fourth season, entitled "A Friend in Need." Bo-Katan's voice was provided by actress Katee Sackhoff. Bo-Katan will also return for the series' fifth season.
Bo-Katan was created primarily as a reason to give female fans more opportunities for armored cosplay. The source of Bo-Katan's name and pronunciation is explained by Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni on his Facebook page as being a portmanteau of the names of his wife and her pet cat. He further describes the pronunciation as sounding similar to Boca Raton.
- Template:SWArchive Template:1stp
- Template:SWArchive Template:1stm
- Admiral Ackbar stars in animated 'Star Wars' - USATODAY.com Template:1stID
- Comic-Con: Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 5 Exclusive - Meet Obi-Wan's Surprising New Allies
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.37
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 14
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Template:SWE
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dave Filoni's Official Facebook page
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Template:SW
- ↑ Comic-Con: Clone Wars - What to Expect in Season 4 - TV News at IGN
- ↑ Template:SWArchive
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Template:TCW
- ↑ Template:InsiderCite
- ↑ Admiral Ackbar stars in animated 'Star Wars' - USATODAY.com
- ↑ Template:Blog
- ↑ 
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150699252197571
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/notes/dave-filoni/answers-to-your-questions-as-many-as-could-be-that-is/10150751885427571